ADT creates custom home protection systems for every particular customer. No matter whether you need a basic combination of a camera and a couple of sensors or a full gear with a doorbell camera, pulse cameras, and more, they will tailor a plan for you. ADT security company has a 145-year experience in securing people’s nests, and with every tech development, they become even better.
If you want a premium ADT smart home security, be ready to invest in it, though. Their monthly fee varies from $36.99 to $62.99, plus you’ll have to pay for the installation. But the latter is a good thing since a professional will come at any convenient time and make sure everything is connected.
Overall Score – 8.0
- Price – 7.5
- Equipment/ Devices – 8.5
- Customer Service – 8.0
- Features & Technology – 8.0
- Ease to Use – 8.0
ADT security reviews show quite a lot of pros to their wireless security system. However, nothing is 100% perfect, so there are a couple of disadvantages as well. If you’re not sure about some of them, make sure to contact the company as to the ADT pricing, plans, contracts, and more. Their hotline is on almost every page of the website, which is quite convenient if you don’t have the time to surf the whole ADT website.
- Rich experience – ADT smart home reviews all start with this advantage. The experience of the company has enriched greatly in the last century. During that time, a lot of technologies and, unfortunately, criminal tactics have changed, but it has only enriched the ADT specialists’ experience.
- Around-the-clock professional monitoring – During an emergency, there’s no time to spare, so ADT monitors every sensor at any time and is ready to dispatch the police immediately.
- 6-month guarantee – There’s no ADT security system review without guarantees. If in half a year, the company can’t resolve an issue or react during an emergency at their fault, you can get your money back, including that for alarms installation. However, this guarantee may be changed or restricted depending on the plan. For more information, consider reading the Terms and Conditions page on the ADT website.
- Price – While your house, office, etc. security is much more important than money, a lot of people plan their budgets tight. ADT is an excellent protection company, but their monthly fees are quite costly.
- Contract-based cooperation – ADT smart home reviews state the company is cooperating using traditional standards. It means a great quality standard, but also the contractual basis. The minimal duration of a contract is 36 months, which might be quite a commitment if you’re renting an apartment, for example. But you can contact the service to resolve any contract-related issue.
“Is ADT a good company? Should I get their monitoring system?”
Absolutely. Besides ADT home security systems reviews, there are lots about their commercial, small business, and medical safety systems. In 145 years, their specialists have had enough lessons to make the equipment close to perfection and increase the range of services.
The Bottom Line
ADT reviews show that despite the price, the company has millions of loyal customers who get immediate help in an emergency. Whether it’s fire, flooding, carbon monoxide, or unwanted entry, you get instant notification and assistance.
A lot of ADT home security reviews also state that the customer support of the service is ready to answer questions anytime. The team offers multiple ways of communication, including calls and social media messages. There’s also a rich FAQ section on the Support page.
The range of ADT equipment for sale is enormous and includes emergency alarms, indoor camera, home automation devices, flood and smoke sensors, and more. The best feature is that you don’t have to buy a ready plan. Gather only those equipment options that you need for your particular home.
ADT Alarm System Review: Details on Pricing
On the website, they say that the ADT home security price starts at $35.99. This is the minimum package with a landline connection. There are other plans and standards, but the pricing may vary depending on your location. The ADT support team recommends contacting them first or ordering a convenient free quote on the website.
Nevertheless, we provide monthly fees for different packages so that you have a reference and an expectation:
- The basic complete monitoring (landline) – $36.99 per month, installation – $99.
- The premium package and Cellguard (cellular) – $44.99 a month. Installation – $99.
- The ADT Command package with remote access (cellular connection) – $52.99 a month. Installation – $99.
- The ADT Command package #2 with video security (cellular) – $58.99 a month. Installation – $99.
- The ADT Command package #3 with home automation and video security (cellular) – $62.99 a month. Installation – $199.
Note that the prices may change by the time you’ll be reading this review. To be absolutely sure, contact the support team of the company.
There are landline and cellular connections available, and most ADT security system reviews recommend opting for the cellular one. It’s more stable and resistant to breaks, while in some areas, a landline is easily cut off or unstable in the first place.
Also, in case you’re looking to save some money, contact the support team to find out the latest discount options. If there’s nothing suitable, consider contacting your insurance company. They often offer generous discounts for home safety systems. And if your company partners with ADT, you’ll get a great deal.
ADT Home Automation Review: Main Features and Alarm Algorithm
All the features and ADT security system packages are conveniently divided into sections:
- Family protection features – These include innovational security cameras, fire, flood, and carbon monoxide sensors, fast warning, and immediate response. The systems are monitored 24/7 by the professionals working in ADT branches.
- Pet protection features – These include online video security cameras so you can see what’s up at any time using the app. It also allows you to control the alarm remotely and disarm the system if there’s no real danger, and the pets are just playing with sensors. If the danger is real, though, you have powerful detectors that will warn us to dial 911 as soon as possible.
- Gadget protection features – All the aforementioned features work just well for the tech you have at home. But if it’s a smart home, you can connect the ADT devices to Amazon Alexa and control multiple systems using your voice.
- Protection while you’re traveling – The app doesn’t have any country restrictions. No matter where in the world you are, use the app to control the safety of your home remotely. If you need to let someone in, just disarm the system and see if everything is according to the plan using the video footage.
All these are accompanied by Z-Wave technology, smart home compatibility, custom alerts, online footage, multiple types of cameras, and sensors. Depending on your home protection needs, create your own ensemble and fear no more for your house, family, pets, and tech.
How Does It Work?
Your keypad has two modes:
- Stay mode when you’re at home;
- Away mode when you’re out or on vacation.
Every zone that has any kind of camera or sensor on it can detect any disruptions, unwanted movements, break-ins, and more. For example, if someone opens your door, the sensor picks movement; if there’s fire, the smoke detector picks it. The system sends an alarm to the ADT Center, waiting for the next sensor to pick the same violation.
If you type a special code on the keypad, the Center will get a message that the alarm is false. If you don’t in 30 seconds to 3 minutes (depending on the sensor), the Center dials 911.
ADT Security Cameras Reviews: Remote Control with the Pulse App
You can arm, disarm, and track your home with the system using the Pulse application for smartphones. Here’s what you can do:
- Adjust the thermostat;
- Use Smart Lock to lock the doors;
- Dim the lights or switch them off;
- Disarm the system in case of a false alarm;
- Arm the system if you forgot to, etc.
If you’re on vacation, contact the company to request immediate dispatch if you’re 100% sure no one has to come home during that time.
Using the app is super easy. The main functions are arming and disarming, and there are two convenient buttons: a green one for activation and a red one for deactivation.
ADT Customer Service Options: Stay in Touch at All Times
Here are the main options that will help you answer questions:
- A convenient rich FAQ that you can find on the Support page. There are answers about home security, business, and commercial safety, medical equipment, and much more. All the tutorials with video explanations are also there. You can find the necessary information using the Search button.
- Phone numbers for potential and current customers. You can find one over the footer on most pages of the official ADT website, as well as on any page randomly.
- Social media accounts (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, etc.) to see all the innovations and get notified when changes in the policies come or when the company starts a sale.
If there are any immediate issues, please, use the phone number. This makes sure you get an instant reply from the specialist from ADT.
How to Order from ADT?
To order any system from ADT, please, contact the company by phone. They have a great Sales department that is always available via phone calls. They will help you choose the best options for your home so that you don’t overpay and have every entry covered.
There’s also a free quote service that is basically a form you have to fill in. Provide your full name, email address, phone number, and ZIP code. The latter is for area reference. Different cities require a different connection, and there are a lot of intricacies to modern home security. A specialist will contact you to discuss all the details and recommend the necessary equipment and monthly plan.
Does ADT Require the Internet?
Yes, it is used for a backup connection. Keep in mind, though, that your Internet provider may charge you extra if you exceed the traffic limit. Contact the provider to find out more about your tariff and what changes you can make to be sure you don’t overpay.
Security services are quire data-consuming. So, unless you have an unlimited amount of data, you may need to change the plan or the provider.
How Much Is ADT per Month?
The prices start at $35.99, according to the official ADT website. There are also plans that cost over $60 per month. They provide the most protection for a vide area, remote control, video tracking, and many more features.
How to Cancel an ADT Account?
If you want to delete an account on the ADT website, just go to the Settings and look for the deactivation button. If you mean to stop cooperation at all, refer to the contract you have signed with ADT in the very beginning. If there are any questions as to the change of the plan or other contract parts, contact the customer support for current clients.
How Long Has ADT Been in Business?
By different names, ADT has been in business for about 150 years, give or take. It has gone through acquisitions and a lot of changes, but its main focus hasn’t changed – customer safety.
Does ADT Offer Free Installation?
No, installation is paid for all plans the company offers. It’s always better to get a professional when installing any technology. With ADT, it will cost you an additional $99 to $199.
But here are some benefits:
- You don’t have to be responsible for the installation and connection.
- You don’t have to choose what detectors go where and which areas need more equipment;
- The specialist will check the system with you and explain everything you need to know.
Does ADT Work with Alexa?
Yes, Alexa is the most popular home assistant among ADT users. The skill was added back in 2017, you can find it in the base.
Does ADT Work with Google Assistant?
Yes, you can pair your ADT security system with any Google Home assistant.
What is now, ADT has begun its journey much earlier than any of us were born. At first, there was only one home protected by their services. Soon enough, the company has found 50 customers and persuaded them that home security is going to be a thing. Now, there are millions of homes, offices, warehouses, and most importantly, people are protected by ADT sensors and operators.