It does not matter if you live in a flat or big house: you have to make sure that you and the people you live with are going to be protected from all kinds of threats and dangers. In this GetSafe review, we will take a look at another company that provides homeowners with all kinds of services and equipment for home safety. So is GetSafe worth a try? Will it provide you with the equipment that will help you secure your home? Find out here.
Overall Score: 7.9
- Price – 7
- Equipment/Devices – 8
- Customer Service – 7
- Features & Technology – 9
- Ease to Use – 8.5
Pros Of Using GetSafe Security Systems
Most of the GetSafe smart home reviews are satisfied with what this company has to offer. Even though it is not one of the most popular choices on the market, it still has a lot to offer. Here are some of the benefits of getting your monitoring system with GetSafe:
- Easy installation. When you purchase GetSafe smart home system, you don’t have to worry about the lack of experience with installing security systems. GetSafe security system can be easily set up without the assistance of a professional, and if you have any problems, you can just look it up on the website of the company.
- Affordable. All the equipment options offered by GetSafe won’t cost you a lot. You can find many devices that you can purchase at a great price. If you are looking for something of a nice quality that won’t hurt your budget, you should check out GetSafe.
- It does not require you to wear it. GetSafe is the only medical alert system that should not be worn all the time. If you are annoyed by putting on and off your medical alert pendants, it is time to switch to another one like GetSafe.
- The mobile app has many great features. With the GetSafe mobile app, you will be able to arm and disarm your security system, check temperature given by your door and window sensors, check all the events such as motion detection and triggered sensors, turn the light on and of as well as other things.
- This security system will blend in nicely with your interior. Most GetSafe home security reviews from customers state that it looks great when you install it, and it will fit in any interior easily.
- You don’t always need a contract. There is also a no-contract option. You will have to purchase a certain amount of equipment and pay monthly fees for the chosen plan. You can cancel at any time whenever you feel like you don’t want to use the services of GetSafe anymore.
Cons Of Purchasing Your Security System With GetSafe
Even though many GetSafe security reviews are satisfied with this company, still, it has a few drawbacks you should pay attention to. Find all the cons in the GetSafe alarm system review here:
- Expensive monthly fees. Even though most of the equipment options are affordable, monthly fees are pretty high, especially if you are willing to include most of the features in your plan.
- Better for apartments and not houses. Many customers who live in a flat said that the security system worked perfectly, but house owners were not as satisfied as those who live in an apartment.
- Customer support does not always respond quickly. If you have an issue that should be resolved quickly, you might not get an answer as fast as you want. You need a perfect internet connection so that the system would work fine, and if there is any problem with that, you might not get professional assistance immediately.
- No control panel. The only way in which you can monitor your security system is the mobile app. If you enjoy using the app, then there won’t be a problem with it, but if you would have preferred the control panel better, consider other options.
The Bottom Line
If you are asking yourself something like “Should I get the GetSafe security system for my home?”, then this GetSafe security system review is going to help you find the right answer. Purchasing a wireless security system is something you should do carefully. GetSafe home security system packages are great for those who live in an apartment or small house and have a good internet connection.
But if your house is pretty big or you live in an area where the internet connection is poor, you should check out other options. Is GetSafe a good company? Yes, for sure. But it might not be the best choice for everyone. So first, think about all the pros and cons before making the final decision.
Pricing: Choose The Right System For Your Budget
The GetSafe home security price for the security safety kit is around 249$. This price also includes cellular backup. From time to time, you can also get some equipment for sale on the website of the company, but it usually depends on the season.
Professional monitoring service costs 24.95 per month. GetSafe pricing for professional support is a bit higher than the average cost on the market, but when you get video surveillance with GetSafe, you have to pay around 59$, which less than in many other companies.
The prices for equipment are pretty affordable. For example, medical alert buttons cost between 20-30$. If you are not sure how much of the equipment you need and for which price you should purchase some of the devices, talk to the experts of the support team about it. They will be able to provide you with the piece of advice you need.
Equipment/Devices/Features: Everything that GetSafe Has to Offer
GetSafe is a company that is ready to provide its customers with a variety of options. Many GetSafe reviews are satisfied with all the features and equipment that can be purchased online with this company. Here is the list of features and devices you can purchase from GetSafe:
- All kinds of equipment are available. With GetSafe, you can purchase many different devices and kits: indoor camera, a doorbell camera, pulse cameras, sensors, detectors, hubs, alarms, key fobs, as well as many other devices. GetSafe security cameras reviews are excellent, so you won’t have to worry about the quality of the devices you buy.
- DIY installation. Even though GetSafe doesn’t offer professional installation, you can easily set up the security system by yourself since it is designed to be simple. Even if you don’t have much experience with the installation of smart home systems, it still won’t take a lot of time from you to do it.
- Amazon Alexa compatibility. You can give voice commands with Alexa to arm and disarm the system. Even though GetSafe security system is not fully integrated with Alexa, things might change soon.
- Power outage backups. If there is a power loss, you will get around 12 hours of use. And in case there is no internet, you can use cellular service since the system has a 3G SIM card installed as well. You will still receive alerts and notifications.
- Phone alerts. You can set up daily notifications that will send information about events that happened throughout the day. In case of an emergency like an intrusion, flood, fire, and natural catastrophes, you will receive notifications about it right away.
- Sensors and motion detectors. All the sensors you can purchase with GetSafe are wireless. This company offers a variety of different devices for monitoring different events and parts of the building: door and window sensors, glass-break sensors, motion sensors, entry sensors, flood detectors, as well as many others. You can add to your kit all the detectors that you find useful.
- Integration with home automation systems. GetSafe security company is also compatible with some other smart home devices, for example, door locks, switches, outlets, lighting, and other gadgets. It all depends on a manufacturer, since GetSafe is not compatible with devices, so if you have any other smart home gadgets at home, check this information first.
Mobile App: Everything You Need In Your Phone
As said previously, GetSafe does not have a control panel that would help you monitor your security system. But with the help of the mobile app, you will be able to control everything in the same way and even better.
This app can be installed on both Android and iOS smartphones, and here are some of the features it includes: system status, turning the lights as well as smart switches on and off, changing the temperature in the house, watching videos from cameras, arming and disarming of a system, and viewing data from motion detectors and sensors.
In many GetSafe home security systems reviews, the app was said to be an effective tool to control the security system. So if the mobile app works better for you than the control panel, then GetSafe is going to be a great security system for you.
Customer Service: Find The Support You Need
Even though the installation of the security system is very simple, there still might be some issues with your security system. The first you should do is go to the website of the service and check out some of the tutorials as well as how-to videos that explain in detail what you should do in order to fix some common issues or install the system.
If you need to talk to the experts about your security system, you can contact the GetSafe support team through live chat, phone, or email and get all the answers fast. You might not always be able to contact the specialists from the support team very quickly, but usually, they won’t leave you hanging. The experts are trained well to handle all kinds of issues, so feel free to share your problem with them.
With GetSafe, you can also use monitoring services that will help you deal with unexpected issues. Monitoring centers of GetSafe work around the clock, so if something happens, you will be assisted with the issue right away.
How To Order Your Security System Online
If you decide to get your security system with GetSafe, you should follow a few simple steps that will make the process of ordering faster:
- Go to the website and decide on which kind of security system you would like to get. You can read some GetSafe security system reviews or speak to the expert if you need a piece of advice.
- Make a purchase. Choose a convenient method to pay for your security system and do it easily on the website protected from all kinds of possible dangers.
- Wait for the security system to arrive. Depending on the day and hour when you made a purchase, your order will arrive in 2-5 business days.
FAQ: All the Details You Wanted to Know
Does GetSafe Require The Internet?
Cameras will work fine without the internet connection most of the time, but if you want to use the app, you will have to connect to the internet. It is recommended to have an internet connection of good quality to be able to use the security system without problems.
How Much Is GetSafe Per Month?
The monthly fee depends on a chosen plan and starts at 25$ per month.
How To Cancel A GetSafe Account?
You can do it in the app. Just scroll down to the bottom, and you will see the “Cancel coverage” button.
How Long Has GetSafe Been In Business?
GetSafe was founded in 2015, and even though it has not been in the market for a long time, it is still one of the most popular choices.
Does GetSafe Offer Free Installation?
GetSafe company offers DIY installation as well as free guidelines on how to do it.
Does GetSafe Work With Alexa?
At this point, there is no full integration with Alexa, but the company promised to start working on it soon.
Does GetSafe Work With Google Assistant?
There is no information about it at the moment.
Do Some Research To Find The Best Solutions For Personal Security
Reading one GetSafe home automation review might not be enough for you to make a decision. This is why you should not only find as much information as possible but also talk to the representatives of the companies to find out about what they have to offer you. Don’t hesitate to ask questions that interest you since you are the customer, and it means that you deserve to know the truth about any service you consider using. GetSafe is a great choice for many homeowners, but if you are not sure about it, feel free to discuss this matter with the specialists who will give you a tip or two.